Benefits of Attending an Accredited Program
Some of the benefits of choosing a MEAC accredited school for your midwifery education are:
* You can be assured that the schools has met standards of education, administration, and conduct.
* MEAC's educational standards incorporate nationally recognized core competencies and guiding principles set by the Midwives Alliance of North America and fulfill the requirements for national certification by the North American Registry of Midwives (NARM).
* MEAC accredited schools must have a refund policy that meets your stateís standards.
* MEAC's accreditation criteria for midwifery education programs reflect the unique components and philosophy of the Midwives Model of Care.
* When applying to test for NARM certification, you may test as a graduate from a MEAC-accredited school rather than as a PEP candidate (a much cheaper and less time consuming process if your state license does not have reciprocity with the CPM license)
* MEAC accredited programs have been evaluated and you can be assured that you are getting an education that is adequate for the CPM licensure and/or state licensure.
*Some MEAC accredited schools offer federal financial aid to eligible students.
*Academic credit received from a MEAC accredited school is more easily transferred to another MEAC accredited institution.
|Site Map | Home||© 2014 Midwifery Education Accreditation Council
Web Hosting: Eternity Web